Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Nizo Ultrawide Lens Type III...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I don't know what possessed me to by this lens on e-bay over a year ago, but I'm sure glad I did!

    Since my recent discovery that one of my super-8 cameras is missing an 85 filter, this wide angle lens has suddenly become very important because it is large enough to allow me to put an 85B filter behind it yet my camera does not reveal any vignetting (vignetting is when the sides of the filter appear in the picture frame area)

    This really is a well made piece of glass.

    The lens is creatively fashioned with TWO different thread sizes built on top of each other (a 67mm and a 62mm). Most Super-8 cameras with a macro wide angle setting should be able to use this wide angle attachment.

    Definitely a keeper! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm bumping this topic for Corey.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you do an Ebay search for Nizo, you will notice that there are few sellers from Germany. They seem to have inventory of Nizo cameras, including the wide angle lens.

    I think I was offered a 62mm wide angle lens for $105.00 plus shipping of $15.00. I thought that was high, but the bigger the wide angle lens, the higher the cost.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! Thanks Alex. So do you think a 58mm 16:9 adapter (camera zoomed in to prevent vignetting) with this lens on the end of that would work?

    What do ya know? I found one on eBay for $160. I may wait for a cheaper one to come along.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2003 05:57 AM: Message edited by: cameraguy ]</font></font>

    Original message reinserted by the moderator to keep the topic thread intact.

    Originally posted by Corey:
    Cool! Thanks Alex. So do you think a 58mm 16:9 adapter (camera zoomed in to prevent vignetting) with this lens on the end of that would work?

    What do ya know? I found one on eBay for $160. I may wait for a cheaper one to come along.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Not sure if this link will help

    http://jl-site.com/Super8/NizoCameraTips.html

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 06, 2003 03:16 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Corey:
    Cool! Thanks Alex. So do you think a 58mm 16:9 adapter (camera zoomed in to prevent vignetting) with this lens on the end of that would work?

    What do ya know? I found one on eBay for $160. I may wait for a cheaper one to come along.
    <font size="2.0" face="verdana, sans-serif">Ouch, that's pricey! You might want to check out the German sellers who sell the Nizo 6080's and 3056's (etc, there are about 6-8 Nizo model with 4 numbers comprising the model number)

    I'm not comfortable with using a 58mm wide angle on a 62mm thread. As you zoom in slightly to get rid of the zoom, you also begin to minimize the wide angle effect.

    I am very short on time right now, but I'll see if I have a 58mm that I can put on my 62mm Nizo. Then I can zoom in and see at what point the vignetting disappears. At some point, zooming in will change the look, and I wonder what will happen to the depth of field.

    It's possible that you may like what happens when you slightly zoom in the lens with your wide angle adapter, but keep in mind if you had the right wide angle lens, you could either zoom in slightly in certain circumstances, or keep it normal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •